January 7, 2016. Shimadzu Corporation announces the release of the Xslicer SMX-6000 microfocus X-ray inspection system for non-destructive inspections. This is the first Shimadzu system to include inclined fluoroscopy and CT imaging functionalities in a single package and which is capable of obtaining cross-sectional images immediately after inclined fluoroscopy.
Figure 1. Xslicer SMX-6000
- Equipped with a Shimadzu microfocus X-ray generator and high-sensitivity flat panel detector and featuring CT scanning capability.
- Smooth and quick switching is now enabled between viewing fluoroscopic and cross-sectional images.
- The system includes a new Xslicer CT image processing engine used to fully automate calibration and provide high-speed scanning.
- The system can be used to observe distortion-free, high-magnification, and high-resolution images of detailed internal structures.
- Easy Operation.
- Easy CT Imaging.
- Easy-to-See Inspection Results.
- Automatic Image Quality Adjustment Function.
Figure 2. Interface of software
The system can used in a wide range of applications such as:
- Inspection of Electronic Components: Digital camera, Lens, Connector, Power IC, Cell-phone, Chip inductor, Micro SD card…
- Inspection of Automobile Parts: Aluminum die-casting products, Micro turbine, Pressure sensor, Oxygen sensor, …
- Inspection of Turbine with oblique imagine.
- Motorbike parts,
- Other fields
Fluoroscopic Image Cross-Sectional Image Volume rendering Image
Figure 3. Fluoroscopic, Cross-Sectional, Volume rendering Images of Damaged IC
Fluoroscopic Image Volume rendering Image
Figure 4. Fluoroscopic and Volume rendering Images of Heat-Damaged Connector (The position in red circle is NG)
Figure 5. Oblique Images of Turbine